Monday, July 20, 2009

Q-Tip at Summerstage in Central Park... Amazing



It's a great thing when your favorite MC, who you show up two hours early to get in line to see, gives it his all and just puts on an amazing show. Q-Tip did not fail to impress this Summerstage and did not fail to impress me. Simply put, amazing. And I say this with two days to think it over, so all my thoughts are thoroughly secured. Check out some pics and comments from the show below:


With a great mix from all the ATCQ and solo hits, the highlight for me was the 10 min 'Electric Relaxation'. Not only is it my favorite Tribe song, Q-Tip continued the end of the song into a great jam along with his backing band. Another great highlight was 'Vivrant Thing' with a special guest dance appearance by the one and only Bad Boy himself, P. Diddy.




With the main act taken care of, let's move onto the opening act. I was greatly surprised and now a fan of this little Swedish quartet named Little Dragon. Fabulous little hipster grooves with a sultry female lead voice. Reminds me, but not exactly like, Portishead. I just think their spirit is reminiscent of the great trip-hop group.

The other opening act was the Harvard-ite duo of Chester French. Some songs were poppy enough to get into but the stage performance left me unimpressed. Check out their mixtape, which I gave a listen to, has some good songs. Overall I'm left with an 'ehh' opinion on the group.

Keep posted for more pics from the show...

-Poetic

No comments:

Post a Comment